1. ALWAYS trust yourself emotionally and physically and think you can do think. You cannot be told by anyone that what you are experiencing is nor real! Just like diabetes, hypertension, & asthma, FM is a chronic medical disorder. While there are still some things that we don’t know about FM, the symptoms are real as well as patients’ concerns are legitimate.
2. NEVER ever feel ashamed of your sickness. You never wished for this FM nor is it something that you wish away. It’s a neurological disorder, not a character flaw.
3. FIBROMYALGIA can increase or decrease, so keep that in mind that it will get better also. It is more than just pain. Fatigue may be just as problematic, suggested according to patient’s survey. Sleep disturbances, stiffness, & problems with concentration referred to as “Fibro Fog” are some other symptoms linked with disorder. Flares can be controlled by patient self-management techniques.
4. FIBROMYALGIA less “afflicts” and more “affects”. Everyone is affected who know somebody having FM. More than 10 Americans have FM as per estimation, and it is taken as a global health issue. According to some studies, FM is a disorder of the central nervous system.
5. You may sometimes feel alone in FIBROMYALGIA. Make sure that over 10 million Americans have FM and most think like you do! To diagnose FM, there are some standard criteria that have been established to help a health care provider. It is necessary to note that people having FM can feel variations in their symptoms. Since systems which send and interpret pain signals in the cerebrum involve a lot of processes, there is a probability that different types of problems can arise, in different people.
6. FIND different methods to build up your quality life. It is also necessary to search for the find health care providers who want to partner with you along your journey. Ideally, there should be mutual respect and comfortability in the relationship of a healthcare provider and a patient.
7. EDUCATION is empowerment! Get information about your disease as much as you can and after that put that learning into practice. Probably, simple and easy cure can actually improve your health – and the more you learn the more options you will have. To treat FM, particularly, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration have granted approval of drugs. From these drugs, patients have experienced significant benefit in terms of reduced pain.
8. DON’T MAKE DECISIONS when you’re having a horrible pain. Especially, when you’re hurting, never make quick decisions. Is may take time in finding a treatment strategy that works best for you. Be open-minded and keep that in mind that improvement will occur over time.
9. REMEMBER to be nice to yourself. You should do some activities daily that make you happy. Always stop and smell the roses! Management techniques are a key. Find motivational techniques that will keep you active, control your sleep hygiene & eliminate stress.
10. ADVANCES are being made in awareness, research, and FM treatment every day. To secure a better future for people with FM, there are every kind of organizations and companies.